Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rambling before we go.

So we now have our official "GO" papers in hand, the airtickets are final, the rooms booked and we are....... well, not quite ready to pack yet. Frank is itching to get this show on the road and I am trying to sort out all the paperwork to be done, bills to be paid before we go and ....... well, there is always more to do than one can imagine before leaving home for a month at a time.

I had to laugh yesterday - one of our customers seriously advised me to check whether we were going to Ecuador and Peru in "earthquake season". I did not know there was such a season. Some of the other comments have been that we must watch out for the sting rays and not get 'bitten' like Steve Erwin, that we should be careful not to be eaten by an anaconda and also that Sept/Oct was the worst time to go - just because! We really do appreciate all comments - but we are going on this trip - earthquake season or not. Maybe we will get to see a volcano erupting while on the Galapagos Islands - just think of those photos!

Eleven flights in all.... thats for each of us.... And I refuse to worry about it. My absolute main worry is that something happens to my camera early on in the month - I will just have to sit and cry if that happens. We are taking both the Canon Rebel 10 megapixel and the Canon 21 megapixel as well as a little 6mp underwater camera.... Frank gets to be in charge of the 10mp and my hand will be welded to the big one.

I really want to put photos up here and this is the first time that I have started writing this far before a trip - but I know that we will have plenty photos to share afterwards.

Oh, and my middle child, eldest daughter, Lisa is having another baby. This one they will be calling Steven William..... see the countdown on the right :)

No comments: